Monday, May 28, 2012

sunday not so funday!

hey ya'll :)

woke up with an aching head for the fourth day in a row and back pain out of this world! (back pain started the night before, on the right side & a constant cramp) regardless, this mama had to go to work! I felt "okay" and I try not to complain too much but at some point, somethings gotta give when you're hurting. At the tail end of my shift, I ended up doing a u/a and blood work to see if anything was going on...results came back with blood in my urine, a "trace" of protein, and white blood cells. I then went over to L&D for a NST (non-stress test) for brother & I to be monitored and mostly to be safe than sorry. I think this pregnancy constantly has me on the edge because I'm so nervous about having preecclampsia again. It's just not something I would want even my worst enemy to go through. therefore, maybe I worry a little too much and am only trying to be as cautious as possible.

turns out, it's perfectly normal to worry too much and sometimes, it's probably a good thing. I mean, come on, a mama knows when something is not right. We spent roughly 3 1/2 hours being monitored because my blood pressure was high, which caused brother's heart rate to be high. On top of that, I had a low grade temp along with my headache and contractions that were about 5 minutes apart! (although I couldn't feel them) I knew when I was having them but at this point, they hadn't been "painful" it was more of just the tightness that I could feel and of course Braxton being all lopsided! The doctor then wanted me to have an u/s to check the fluid around the baby & his overall movements.

Everything ended up looking just fine! However, Braxton is measuring at 36 weeks rather than 34 weeks! okay, so my "original" due date is/was June 30th putting me at 35 weeks. This is based off of the first day of my last period...at my 11week u/s, baby was measuring a week behind so the lady said they may end up changing my due date to July 6th putting me at 34 weeks (a day before Abby's due date) my doctor never officially told me he changed the due date so I had always been going off of June 30th, I actually still go by June 30th because it's the date I have had for such a long time. anyways, I was in the process of transferring doctors because I was being seen in Columbia but wanted to be seen in Lawrenceburg and wanted to deliver at Crockett. Once I started being seen here, the ultrasounds I had were all measuring 2 weeks ahead (based off of July 6th) but putting me at 36 weeks. I know, all confusing. I happen to think that they should not have changed my due date to begin with but I'm not the doctor. ;) so, I guess technically they go by July 6th making me currently 34 weeks but he's measuring at 36 weeks with a June 22nd date. anyways, enough of that...makes my head hurt. haha

We were sent home last night after my blood pressure went down & baby's heart rate was better. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow with my OB doctor so we'll see what he says! I'm hoping that things stay okay and that our little man doesn't try to come early! It's never fun to feel crappy and having to sit around all day not being able to do much!

No comments:

Post a Comment