Sunday, June 3, 2012

big girl bed

hey ya'll :)

I am here to share with you a sneak peak of the hard work & dedication my dear hubs has to refinishing Abby's big girl bed! & of course with the help from the BIG GIRL herself!

a little background...this bed was found in the old barn on the Kelsey farm which belonged to Justin's Great-Grandmother. Surprisingly, it's still in great condition, just needs some touch ups! It is a beautiful bed! I looove it. We decided we would sand it down, redo it, (I think we've decided to go with an antique white look) & give it to Abby! We should have taken a few before photos, but we didn't, so here is a little of the process:





 

It's coming right along and hopefully will be finished in no time! I'm dying to see how it turns out!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Especially because that bed looks SO much like my bed! Mine was a family antique that my dad fixed up for me, too. It's the one piece of furniture I have from my childhood, because I brought it to college with me before my family's house burned. It was antique white when I was a kid, but now it's just stained wood. My dad carved my initials int he front and I still like looking at them. Abby will cherish that piece of furniture for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope she does! this is actually the back side of the ehadboard; the front has a simple but elegant flower carved into the board. I think once we paint the bed white, I'll use color to make the flower stand out. Probably just pink but a light pastel pink for sure. It's still hard to believe the house we were crawling in and out of windows late at night to roll yards is no longer there! :( I can't imagine how you felt when you got the news. The new house looks amazing though!

    ReplyDelete